Word Whomp To Go 3.0
Old versionsSee all
The goal of “Word Whomp to Go” is to make as many words as you can from the 6 letters provided by the game, and which you will be seeing in the middle of the screen. In all game modes except Puzzle modes (we will describe game modes latter), there is a time limit.
The way in which the game is played is pretty easy. You can either type or click the letters to move them to the back row shown in the screen and make words. If the word you made is included in the puzzle, it will appear on a sign at the top of the screen. If you reach the carrot, you’ll receive bonus points. If you find all the words in the puzzle you get the turnip for a special bonus.
While you are playing, there are some buttons and functions you need to know. Let’s take a look at them:
- Hint: a hints shows one letter of a word you haven’t found, and how many letters that word has, but at the cost of time or points depending on the game mode.
- Mix Up: this button scrambles the letters in the front row.
- Clear letter: Undo your last move when clicked.
- Enter: click this button when you complete a word.
- Clear word: this button removes all of the letters from the back row.
- New word: click this button if you wish to begin a new puzzle.
Word Whomp to Go has 3 word-twisting game modes:
- Classic Mode: is a tuned-up version of the online Word Whomp game. Make every word you can from 6 letters in 2 minutes.
- Puzzle Mode: is an untimed strategy mode where your goal is to find every single word for a given 6-letter combination.
- Action Mode: is a multi-round mode where the clock counts down, but every word you find buys you a little more time. Getting to the carrot wins the round.
When you enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Classic game: use this option to start playing in this mode.
- Action game: use this option to start playing in this mode.
- Puzzle game: use this option to start playing in this mode.
- High Scores: lists the top records of the players.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can configure some game settings such as music volume, sound volume, full screen, among others.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the OPTIONS button to access to a pop-up menu with these options: music volume, sound volume, full screen, show hints, hardware acceleration, custom cursors, show definitions, help, and return to game.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- 32 MB RAM
- 16-bit Sound Card
- 16-bit Graphics
- Easy to learn how to play the game with using help
- Affordable price
- You can learn new words by playing
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported